From: sheldon [mailto:sheldon@visi.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 1999 9:44 PM
To: vanilla-list@us.netrek.org
Subject: RE: [VANILLA-LIST:2420] Help?

> From: Ron Marosko [mailto:rmarosko@colorado.flairdata.com]
> gcc -g    -I../ntserv   -c  update.c
> update.c: In function `BecomeDaemon':
> update.c:432: too many arguments to function `setpgrp'
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `update.o'
> Current working directory /home/rmarosko/Vanilla-2.9pl2/tools
>
> Yep, this is the nice fundamental part of updated.
> Compiler is gcc 2.8.1 on Solaris 7 for Intel. Am I really
> trying something new, or has someone seen this problem before?

If you go in and look at config.h you see this line:

#if defined (linux) || defined(sgi) || (defined(sparc) && defined(sun))
#define SETPGRP()       setpgrp()
#else

Could you try changing that last part to:
((defined(sparc) || defined(i386)) && defined(sun))

If that works we'll need to patch config.h.in.

Actually I did run into this once last year, but I guess I must not have
sent in a patch and I forgot what I did.

Steve