Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2432] Extra observers

On Thu, 08 Jul 1999  Carlos Y. Villalpando wrote:
>This comment from the PROJECTS file from Tom:
>
>  * Increase observer ports
>
>Easy to do in the server, however, clients (at least COW) have 20
>MAX players hard coded in them (defs.h).  Funky things happen to the
>client.

COW has

/*      MAXPLAYER               - Maximal number of players + observers         */
#define MAXPLAYER 36

in the config.h file (which is the one actually used) since quite a while,
so all currently available COW clients are 36 players ready.

>Defer this to the next release while we make everybody get new clients?

Not necessary, get COW if you have problems with an other client :-)

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: 007@netrek.org       Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017