Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2319] LTD stats

While some of the ideas you proposed could probably work, I think that they
would have added complications.  For example, prefixing or suffixing the
player name with race/pno would require that the race/pno be known before
the player login.  And it does/could break anything that access p->p_name.

After thinking about it for a bit, I've decided to group the LTD stats per
race.  While this does increase the player DB size by ~5x (including Indi),
it shouldn't matter for INL games.  This would allow the same player to
use the same stat slots if he busts and returns but keep a separate group
of stats if he switches teams.  This could also be used later on to
statistically evaluate race strengths and weaknesses.  And, this would
give me the motivation to fix the tick zone stats (which requires race
info).  While player stats won't be further divided into slots (e.g.
Fc vs Fb), I don't think that this is a good idea anyway.

Comments?

Dave
--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2