Vanilla List Maling List Archive

INL robot now sees geno

Hey all.

I've got the INL robot to see a geno, and end the game correctly.

I haven't submitted it yet.  Ahn, want to run this on pickled's test
server for a day or two to try to break it?

At the moment, it doesn't give geno credit or multiple army credit
like the pickup server does.  It does give the standard Geno messages
and KGENO's the losing side and KPROV's the wining side. (both
whydeads allow re-join)

Geno countdown timer is also removed.

Basically, when the inl robot is running, daemonII doesn't check for
geno, while inl does.  inl at the moment, does the oh-so-inefficient
check for geno conditions every time it is awake unlike daemonII
checking whenever a planet is destroyed/conquered.  Geno checking
during non-inl works as before.

Another thing I noticed is that while I was testing was daemonII
dumping core.  With or without my mods.  Basically, if I used xsg to
create armies on a planet, and to create kills on a player, and used
that player and those created armies to pick up an army and re-inforce
a friendly planet, daemonII would die with a SIGSYS as soon as the
army was dropped.  It wouldn't die if naturally popped armies were
used to reinforce the friendly planet.  As far as I could tell from a
quick look at the corefile, it was in non-LTD code.

--Carlos V.