Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2393] INL robot now sees geno

Quoting James Cameron <quozl@us.netrek.org>:

> Isn't the daemon check for geno a little more complex,

Slightly.

> in that it takes into account beaming two down to an LPS planet with
> one differently?

Huh?  I couldn't parse that.

> If so, then the INL robot could miss this, could it?

What the inl robot is doing at the moment is checking to see if both
teams still have planets.  If one doesn't, it assumes geno and ends
the game.

There could be a race condition.  If Team A killed the last army on
team B's last planet, and team B beams down an army before the inl
robot gets its next time slice, the robot will miss that geno.  Only
the daemon gets to do game mechanics while all the robots can do is
look at, and force game conditions.  I didn't want to code any inl
stuff in the daemon. (except for the check to see if the INL robot was
running)

The main thing the daemon's geno check is doing is counting planets.
The other things it does is setting up and maintaining the geno
timer (removed), give extra planet and army credit for killing the LP
with an extra planet and army if its the homeworld (removed), gives the
winning team lots of armies (removed),  checks for galaxy conquer
(removed), and kicks out the losing team for 30-60 minutes (also
removed).

The extra stats stuff I removed because I can't figure out how to tell
the INL robot who took the LP.  The extra armies for the winning team
is useless in INL--the game is over.  Galaxy conquer I removed since I
couldn't see two smart INL teams going for 3rd space planets.
Finally, PLANETFUSE is also useless in INL--again, the game is over.

Am I missing anything, guys?

I guess I'll mail off the mods to Ahn, and I'll talk to Cameron over
IRC this afternoon.

--Carlos V.