Vanilla List Maling List Archive

RE: [VANILLA-LIST:2404] When should Geno happen?

> Hey all.
>
> Discussing a bit with James brought up this interesting question.
>
> If a team that lost its last planet still has armies in flight (has
> carriers) has geno really happened?
>
> James is of the opinion that no, geno hasn't happened.  I'm leaning
> towards the same.  The team still has armies do do damage with.  Once
> it/they is/are gone, then geno has truly happened.
>
> Opinions?  Discuss.

I agree, and I think it presents a new challenge.  For instance if the team
has a SB left which is carrying, the enemy would have to ogg it as well as
take out the last planet.

It is quite the radical change to the rules, but I don't think it would
upset balance in any way shape or form.