Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2404] When should Geno happen?

> While I think that we could experiment with this in pickup/clue games
> and do agree that it is more realistic, I feel that such a change is
> not a very practical one.

I tend to agree with Dave here, except that I think geno _should_ happen if
you conquer the last planet, regardless of remaining carried armies.

No planets = screwed.

However, if you only neut the last planet and the losing team carries armies,
then they should have the chance to drop and retake (or Coup, even, which is
a feature I've never actually seen used in 6 years of playing).

Some might argue (including myself) that a neuted planet isn't owned by
anyone, and therefore a neuted last planet is congruent to "no planets",
however I think in this case ownership should be considered to be that of
the previous owner of neuted planet, since while the planet has been
"destroyed" for the previous owner, it hasn't been "taken" by the opposing
team either.

Bob Campbell                    Unix System Administrator
Scientific Computing Division   National Center for Atmospheric Research
rsc@ucar.edu                    (303) 497-1815