Vanilla List Maling List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2404] When should Geno happen?

Quoting Bob Campbell <rsc@scd.ucar.edu>:
> However, if you only neut the last planet and the losing team carries armies,
> then they should have the chance to drop and retake (or Coup, even, which is
> a feature I've never actually seen used in 6 years of playing).

I've actually used it 4 times so far in the last 6 months. *grin* I've
seen it used once by someone else. Mainly because I told them how to
do it.

Coup requires enemy armies on your own home planet.

> Some might argue (including myself) that a neuted planet isn't owned by
> anyone, and therefore a neuted last planet is congruent to "no planets",
> however I think in this case ownership should be considered to be that of
> the previous owner of neuted planet, since while the planet has been
> "destroyed" for the previous owner, it hasn't been "taken" by the opposing
> team either.

But why is that different from having no neut planets and enough
armies to re-take a weak enemy planet?  Or AS bomb a strong one?

--Carlos V.