Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2675] Training server

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999  Jeffrey Nowakowski wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>Dave Ahn mentioned an idea a while back in r.g.n. about a training
>server that would have robots to maintain a 6 on 6 game
>(http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=478386766).  This would give newbies
>a place to learn the mechanics of the game.

Ted's robot which is used in the base practice server is able to play
a normal game. It has even an INL mode to play real INL games.

We once used it for team training for our ENL team in the beginning.
It's very easy to weaken down the dogfight capabilities by increasing
the human level, so that even beginners may stand a change against it.

Sometimes I use a full robot vs robot team + myself if I playtest clients and
servers. It's not that easy, since the robots tend to bomb everything flat
and ogg all carriers, but its a good training in particular for takers.

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: Kurt.Siegl@freemail.at  Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017