Ascend Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Dialout w/RADIUS

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get dialout to work with Radius authentication. I've set
> up Radius per the
> manual instructions. Incoming calls are no problem, and the
> "xyz-out" profiles are
> pretty much configured as per the examples, so in theory it should work.
>
> My question seems kind of silly, but: how do I actually initiate
> the outbound call? I tried
> "remote xyz-out" from the terminal server command line, but I get a
> "can't find profile
> for xyz-out" message.

If you have dial-out routes configured, pinging or any other attempt to send
ip packets will bring the line up.  There is (or was) a typo involving
capitalization in the manual.  The route should look like this:

route-1 Password = "ascend" User-Service = Dialout-Framed-User
        Framed-Route = "1.2.4.1/29 1.2.4.4 1 y user1-out",...

"ascend" is lower case.  Route matches Framed-Address and Framed-Netmask in
user1-out profile.

Make sure you have a route to the Max (i.e. that the route is ripped by the
Max and received where you are).

After entering the route in RADIUS, you have to refresh the Max for it to
take.  The Max gets the routes in route-n from the RADIUS and enters them into
the routing table, and rips them out if rip is turned on.
Ralph T. Edwards
voice (732) 576-3031
fax   (732) 576-5007
email rtedwards@att.com