Ascend Archive

Re: SUMMARY > Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4004 with V6.0.2 can no longer take Windows NT connections

On Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 03:28:49PM -0400, Neil Movold wrote:

> SOLUTION :
>
> The solution is two fold :
>
> 1) set MP=No in Answer->Encaps
> 2) inform customer to disable LCP extensions.  This is not required once
>    1) is in place, but it speeds up the connection process.
>

> At this point the only thing that we have set in Encaps is PPP=Yes and
> TCP-CLEAR=Yes.  We do not support anything else.  We have never seen this
> with other versions of the OS.

I wouldn't entitle this a solution, its driving out the devil with
beelzebub (hmm, translating proverbs is always fun). Is there any
chance that, if you have MP active, the NT will not fail to connect
as soon as you set Shared Profile=Yes ? Or was it set to Yes anyway ?
I can perfectly connect MP with my Linux box, so I don't think a general
MP flaw is in place (we have seen one in 5.0Ap33, though, which sounds
much like yours). Could you by chance provide us with the hex log of
a failing dialin (wanopen 64 in debug mode) ? I'd really like to look
whether this has similarities to what happened for us in p33.

Warming up hex2ppp...

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck  (ABPSoft)   AB10-RIPE   XLink PoP Dresden | o |