Ascend Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Ascend + Euro ISDN

On Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 06:39:52PM +0200, A.G. Schaafsma wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Anyone having experience with a Pipeline 50 on Euro ISDN? A PL50 we
> recently installed cannot live together on the same ISDN BRI with a Shiva
> Access Port or a TA in use. Strange things or 'normal'?

If you are not running stoneaged software this is no problem. You
just assign the P50 a MSN by setting both MyNumA and MyNumB to the
same value. From now on, the Pipe will only answer and originate with
this MSN and will not concurr with other devices (provided they either
use another MSN or a service identifier not hogged by the Pipe).

IIRC this works since 4.6someletter - we had big trouble with P50s
grabbing any data call despite MSN in 4.4b or such...

Just to make sure, you use NET3, don't you ? ;)

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck  (ABPSoft)   AB10-RIPE   XLink PoP Dresden | o |