(ASCEND) TServ on MAX 2000 w/ 6.0.2

Running 6.0.2 on a MAX 2012 w/ PRI/T1 and most things
are working great.  However....

After setting

       TS Enabled=Yes
       Telnet=Yes
       Rlogin=Yes
       Def Telnet=Yes
       Initial Scrn=Cmd
       Toggle Scrn=No
       Security=Full

and configuring a simple menu of hosts, I can dial in and
get past both security levels (both TS password and radius
username and password) right to the menu.  But when I select
an host from the menu I get

  Unauthorized Terminal Server Command

If I allow myself access to the TS prompt and try telnetting
from the command line, I get the same thing.  This is either
a very blatant bug or (more likely) I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Charlie Taylor