Ascend Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Nat setup help.

At 12:50 PM 8/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> Whatever is on the other end of the T1 or ISDN - the device that the P130
>> "calls" to.  It should assign an IP to the P130 when the connection is
>> established.  The P130 will use that on it's wan interface and route out
>> through it as long as you have the P130 configured just like that Ascend
web
>> page says.
>
>One last thought then is the 130 is going over a nailed T1. Not switched.
>There is a way to make the TNT that is on the other end give the pipeline
>a real ip address? Then route to that IP address? I wish I could just
>route a real subnet, but in this case, this client needs it to appear
>there is only one ip address involved on his end.
>Thanks.

Use PPP encapsulation on the T1.  Then the server can assign an IP to the
Pipe, just as if it dialed in.  If you want to know how to do this,  let
someone else answer this.  I've never done it.  Only heard other do it
sucessfully.

---
kevin

ISDN/Commercial Support Dept                 kevin.b@flash.net
Flashnet Communications                         [Quake is law]