Ascend Archive

Re: (ASCEND) VPN to a cisco?

Leon,

I think you might be in a bit of a bind.

I don't think either the Max nor the Pipe will support L2F, nor do they
support PPTP server functions. I'm also not aware of Cisco supporting PPTP,
only L2F and soon L2TP and IPsec.

If you are trying to establish a tunnel across the Internet, you would need
to find a common tunnel protocol on which one side would support the client
function with another supporting the server function.

I believe the Max supports various tunnel client implementations, but not
the necessary tunnel server termination function.

At least that's my impression.

Charlie

At 11:20 AM 5/29/98 -0400, Leon McCalla wrote:
>I have to setup a VPN from a customer's remote LAN to thier primary LAN
>accross the internet. Thier Primary LAN has cisco Routers while the remote
>LAN will dial into our 4004 using either a P50 or a cisco equivalent.
>
>has anyone setup a similar VPN between a 4004 and a cisco router before?
>what do i need to do?

Follow-Ups: References: