Re: (ASCEND) 7.0.3 on the Max / LT windmodems

Hi all,

>Anyway, no complaints so far from our Rockwell & 3Com-USR modem customers
>and an interesting comment from one user dialing in with an LT winmodem.
>After beeing stuck at 31200bps with 7.0.1, he's now seeing (apparently
>stable) 45333bps connects.

I think this list is an essential source of info for all of us, but I'd like
Ascend to be more active here.
I have really good memories about the time Kevin Smith was with us, together
with Matt. They used to be complementary resources. I felt Kevin to be on
"our side" of the problems, and Matt was the technical guy of Ascend.

This modem issue is an example: we're all trying to figure out which modems
work better, and how one upgrade should affect our customers. Why doesn't
Ascend drop a few words about this?
Something like "we changed the modem code to improve A and B and C, and to
correct D and E".

I think it would free us from being too empirical.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Freire