(ASCEND) Re: Pipeline 130 Questions

>From: "Tacon, Braun" <Braun.Tacon@nike.com>
>
>Have been doing my first Pipeline 130 setup over the past few weeks.  To say
>it has been rocky, would be a gross understatement!
>
>Vendor (sales guy) kept insisting that an IP for the Pipeline was all that
>was needed.  Made many requests for gateway, ir, etc.  Took a call Saturday
>with extreme frustration in my voice to get them to move.  Have all
>addressing other than IR.  Questions:
>
>Am setting up in subnet 209.222.186.65-96.  Using DHCP on Exchange server.
>Have disabled DHCP on Pipeline.  Is this Kosher?

Yes.

>Connecting to a fractional T1.  No dial-in for now, just a nailed
>connection.  Have WAN connectivity now, but no routing yet.

That's an important start. It means we can move the the next layer, routing.

>If someone out there has configured a 130 for Nailed T1, could he or she be
>so kind as to provide a checklist of items required to configure?  Vendor
>informed me Saturday that they are not used to client configuring pipeline.
>They configure in house or have 3rd party VAR's do for client.  They are not
>even sure they have a checklist with all required IP's/settings!!!

In Ethernet>Connections you need:

Encaps=PPP (If the other end is Cisco, they need to know you need PPP)
Route IP=Yes
Encaps>Send Auth=None
Ip Options>LAN Adrs=<their router IP/mask>
Telco Options>Call Type=Nailed
Group=<Group # from Nailed T1>Mod Config>Nailed T1 Group>
Data Svc=64k

Make sure your default route is their router IP. It'll do this
automatically if you set as much as you can under Configure...

HTH...

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/