Re: (ASCEND) OID for # of Active Modems

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Michael Medwid wrote:

> Is there an OID for number of modems currently in use on a Max 4000?
> I know that # of active ports is available (and we're tracking that with
> MRTG).
> But I can't seem to find # of active modems.  ??

It's explicitly the number of modems but the number of "analog" calls
(each of which uses one "modem" - for 6.1 at least, try these from the
call.mib:

    callCurrentAnalogOutgoing OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX          INTEGER
        ACCESS          read-only
        STATUS          mandatory
        DESCRIPTION     "The number of current analog outgoing calls
                         is returned."
        ::= { callStatusGroup 4 }

    callCurrentAnalogIncoming OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX          INTEGER
        ACCESS          read-only
        STATUS          mandatory
        DESCRIPTION     "The number of current analog incoming calls
                         is returned."
        ::= { callStatusGroup 5 }

I've been monitoring callCurrentAnalogIncoming via MRTG fro some months
and it appears to tell the truth.

HTH,
Neale.