(ASCEND) Pipeline 130: Thanx for the tips...Now another question!!!

1.	Thanks everyone who responded.  Got the wire connected yesterday.
There was a DLCI issue on the providers end.  I actually had done everything
right (don't know how!)  The salesman is now a very humble believer that
there is more to a router setup than a static address!!!
2.	Yesterday in my text I typed IR...I meant IF (just so you don't
think I'm any "more stupider" than I are be now).
3.	Question:  I have routing.  Can ping from client to outside world.
Cannot telnet, nor browse using domain names.  Can telnet from frontside
(WAN) of router. Can FTP into primary server's FTP host.  Since I CAN FTP
into network, I assume I could FTP out.  My hunch is this is a DNS issue.
Have not yet enabled DNS on local network.  See questions below.
*	ISP provides DNS.  I have configured the Pri and Sec in the Ether,
Mod Config, DNS area.  My understanding is this setting holds the primary
DNS servers, and the "Client DNS" fields are for secondary, backup, or
specific servers.  If no address is in Client DNS, Client uses these for DNS
services.  Correct???
*	Are these addresses valid to include in the NT Server's DHCP service
to pass along for local DNS?
*	This network has 32 addresses that are mapped to the DHCP server on
the Exchange Box.  5 Static for: Router, Exchange Server, Unix Server, Print
Server, Print Server.  They are in the 209.222.XX.XX subnet.  When SBS (did
I mention that???  Using SBS, yech!) installs, it configures everything for
10.0.0.0.  I have reset all to 209..., but believe that MSProxy Server still
is looking at 10.0.0.0  Am I on the right track?  If I wish to use MSProxy,
must I reinstall.  I was not able to find any settings to direct the Proxy
to a specific address,  but yesterday when I made calls on the Proxy it did
hit the gateway address.  Alas, it only came back with typical Microsoft
"Non-Specific" error messages.
*	Should I use MSProxy or Ascends built in Proxy?  If I use the
Pipeline's Proxy agent, how do I inform IE about the Proxy Server in the
router.  Do I disable the "use proxy server", or do I leave it on and map
the IE client to the Gateway address?
*	Proxy should be configured as external when setting up Ascends FW,
else you risk locking down the Intranet, correct?  (That happened to me
yesterday).
*	Lastly...I was playing with SAM, and I uploaded a FW to the box.  I
would like to change some settings.  Can I upload over the old FW, or must I
choose a new slot?
*	Oh yeah...Can someone briefly clarify Global vs. User settings in
the Pipeline?  Its somewhat confusing, but I get the impression that the MOD
settings are more geared toward client profiles.  True?

That's enough for now.  I'm sure all of you are tired of reading this tome.

TIA,

Braun Tacon