(ASCEND) Re: CLID

>From: claudio@tasco.cl
>
>I would like to start authenticating with the CLID for my ISDN users.
>
>According to the manual I need to set ID-Auth=Required in the MAX.
>
>If I do that, will my regular customers with usrname and password still be
>able
>to authenticate?
>
>There is also other options like ID-Auth=Prefer, Fallback, Ignore...

It's pretty much like it sounds. Required means required: if their CLID
doesn't match what you have in your Max for them, the call is terminated.
You'd need CLID for every customer.

If you want it to use CLID first, then PPP if that doesn't work, select Prefer.

The 7.0 manuals are quite clear on the subject. If you don't have them,
download them.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/