Re: (ASCEND) How many HDLC processors does a Max 4004 have?

I believe that when doing a nailed T1 on a MAX it uses more than 1 HDLC, I
believe it uses 1 for each channel.  Therefore you have 24 HDLC's being used
for EACH T1 you have on the MAX, so 2 T1's and you've used up 48 of'em.  We
ran into this when we started using the T1 ports to act as a dedicated link
to a couple customers until we got some more Ciscos in to hook them up to.
We ended up having to purchase an HDLC card because we were also signing up
ISDN users pretty quickly.