Re: (ASCEND) FTP Problem with NAT on Pipe 50

Hello,

We also have a similar problem using NAT, SecureAccess Firewall and a new
P50. (6.1.7)

We can FTP files OK from the Internet to the inside network, but uploading
files from the inside network to the Internet outside does not work with
most Win95 FTP clients. We found that the only clients that will work are
WS_FTP and FTP Explorer. Win95 clients such as CuteFTP do not.

The usual thing that occurs is that the file seems to upload OK, but then
the client times out waiting for an acknowledgement at the end of the
upload. The result is usually an empty file on the remote server.

The SecureAccess settings seem to be correct, otherwise WS_FTP would not
work.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mike Groves