(ASCEND) What is the practical limit on bonded ISDN channels?

Hello,

We have a client dialing in with 14 ISDN channels.  They don't want to go
T1 because their geographical distance from us makes it prohibitively
expensive.  *Should* 14 channels bond properly or are we just banging our
heads against the wall?  It seems no matter what we try, they keep
dropping and reconnecting channels.

They dial into us using a Max2000 running v6.1.24 and we're using a
Max4004 running v6.1.3.  We authenticate using Radius and the four
PRIs on our 4004 are all in a hunt group using one phone number.  Both
ends are set to Min (and Max) Chan Count 14.  Encaps are currently set to
MPP and BACP is off on the 4004.

We've tried various combinations of settings to try to get the most
consistency but they still drop and reconnect channels quite often.

Any suggestions would be *greatly* appreciated.

Mike