RADIUS STOP packet. (Was Re: (ASCEND) Radius: stop users from flaming^H^H^H^H^Hdialin two times)

-----Original Message-----
From: MegaZone <megazone@megazone.org>
To: Ascend Users <ascend-users@bungi.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 1999 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: (ASCEND) Radius: stop users from dialin two times (fwd)

[ snip ]

Hey MZ.

Regarding this flame about Ascend's proprietary RADIUS attributes:
MegaZone- if you don't like it, don't run Ascend.

Personally, I really really like Ascend's RADIUS changes.  I've been able to
put in pseudo-user profiles (which you ridiculed) and have -brand-spakin'-new-
Maxes instantly know about our DOVBS dialup numbers and other configs.

With an SNMP trigger to reload these profiles, I can update these in my radius
users DB, and then Whack!! Result: All my Maxes (about 35 now)
are _updated_.  Like that.  That's an awesome time-saver.

It's ironic that Livingston was bought by Lucent, and then Lucent goes and
buys Ascend.  (Wasn't Livingston all it was cracked up to be? Or not?)

Is someone feeling sour grapes?  ;-)

Go have a beer or something.