Re: (ASCEND) unwarranted msgs: backoff q full

Thanks for the help Ray!  That was exactly the problem (please
disregard that other message that I sent you :).  I did a trial of
NavisAccess a while back, and never turned off the call logging
afterwards.  It all makes sense now...  The "radstats" command was
showing an IP address of an accounting server that was not correct,
yet I didn't know where it was getting it from... it was the IP address
of the machine that we were running the NavisAccess demo... that machine
is no longer on the network....which explains why the TNT was
complaining.

Thanks again for the help!

-JoE

Ray Brighenti wrote:
]
]I'm assuming that TNT Call Logging is the same as Max Call Logging which
]is described below. The Syslog settings are under Ethernet-> Mod
]Config-&gt; Log.<br>
]
]We had exactly the same problem you described, all accounting was fine
]yet we still go the Backoff Q full messages, turned off Call Logging,
]this may have a different name under TNT's.

]At 10:41 AM 2/4/99 +1100, Ray Brighenti wrote: <br>
]
]We have been having the same problem and have tried everything. We use
]Ascend Radius, so if I was to disable Call Logging it wouldn't affect our
]current accounting with Radius? <br>

Scott Schneider (Ascend) wrote:
]
]Correct! Call-Logging was developed specifically for NavisAccess. The
]Radius Accounting is similar, but not directly linked. That is to say
]that you can definitely turn off Call-Logging and not worry about it
]effecting your accounting records or users authenticating.