Re: (ASCEND) Question about Multi IP addr NAT

Hi,

If you try to use a NAT LAN=Single IP Addr it might help, but this depends
on your way of using NAT (or the way you want to use it).
If the only thing you want to do is give access to users from the internal
LAN to the Internet or to any other network, the Single IP would be great.
There'll be no need of a DHCP server at the MAX end. You need only to assign
a static/dynamic IP to the Pipeline itself when it dials into the MAX and
that's all.
But if you need the Internet to have access to some of the ports of some of
your machines on the internal net (more than 10 ports), you need to set up a
Multi IP addr. LAN for NAT.
OK, I think that 10 ports/services are quite a few, but for a small/medium
network they work fine. So if you want you can just make "static mappings"
of the ports needed to be visible from the outside world and everything will
be fine. No DHCP, no stuff like that.
If that won't help (or you insist useing Multi IP LAN), check to see if the
pool you're assigning the IP addresses from by DHCP has enough free (not yet
leased) IPs.

Wish you luck,
Stanislav