Re: (ASCEND) Slower v.90 connections after line chg from DCS to PRI

At 10:58 1999/05/04 -0500, david wrote:
>the ISDN worked fine but the 56K users which had been connecting at 42k to
>52K dropped to 28 to 36k. A marked decrease in speed. We have contacted the
>teleco (GTE) which as usual says it is not at their end. We have also

If the telco expects voice calls over the voice bearer channels,
they may have some digital "padding" to shape the sound
and soften spikes or noise. Try asking their switch techs
about padding and see where that leads...

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D