Re: (ASCEND) SNMP questions

>> Is there documentation that actually explains what the OIDs actually
>> return? Ascend's docs list them, but don't explain them?
>
>What "Ascend documentation?"  I can't find OIDs listed in a rational
>manner anywhere.  I found some OIDs that are useful from "maxstats" and
>other--similar--perl scripts.

The TNT docs in admin/tntsnmp.htm#140055 describe the Ascend MIB hierarchy
quite clearly. I'd guess that the Max 6k docs do the same. They just don't
detail what, exactly, each object is.

Note that there's a typo in advancedAgent. It's 1.3.6.1.4.1.529.4, not
1.3.6.1.4.1.529.1 as given.

>Peter... start with "mrtg" or at least "maxstats", "maxwho" and other perl
>scripts.  Once you get data back from your max's you'll see how it's done
>in the perl script.  Search in www.infoseek.com (for instance) for maxwho.
>
>You have any OIDs listed... let me know, since the OIDs I'm using right
>now are not the best.

I found all the OIDs I'm tracking from the docs and past posts to this list.

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/