Re: (ASCEND) Frequent Disconnects

We were having very similar problems on our TNT's when they were running 2.1.9 with the 48modem-56k-card.  Since upgrading to 7.0.4 those problems have for the most part disappeared.  There is also a
firmware upgrade available for these Compaq modems available on the Compaq site that helps.  My understanding from my Cisco rep (whose products also have the same problems) is that the modems in
Compaqs are not following the final version of the V.90 standard.

Hope it is helpful.

"Rodney Brown" <rlb@multipro.com> on 05/28/99 09:22:25 AM