RE: (ASCEND) max losing ethernet?

Roddy,

You're not alone.  We've had a 6096 do this to us a couple times.

As far as I can tell, the packet driver in the software is flaky.  I've been
able to bring the ethernet back up without a reboot by changing the
secondary ethernet address then saving the config (forces a restart on the
packet driver).

Best suggestion, is to move the thing to a 100Mbit switch or get used to
this behavior.

-Troy