RE: (ASCEND) max losing ethernet?

I know I've seen a thread on this in the past, but don't remember if/how
it ended. To contribute however, I'll note that I've seen the same
behavior on a 6096 attached to a 10Mb Netgear switch port, but only after
I threw a data filter on the ethernet interface. Soon after (minutes to
hours) the ethernet interface died. Took the filter off from the console,
and the problem disappears. I've seen it happen on 6.1.7 as well as
7.0.22.

Has an ethernet data filter been enabled on the mentioned boxes by chance?
	Dave

--
(Semi-RFC Compliant Crappy Sig #13)
Dave                    | E-Mail                        | The truth is out

18 92 8E 39 D5 CD 26 60  3B B1 A2 59 4C 3A 76 5F