(ASCEND) telco freezes?

We are having a strange problem where 2 dedicated isdn clients that we place the call to (from pris and grandfathered flat rate isdn lines) are locking up.  Basically, the channels show the connection is up, I can get into the remote routers (p50s) using the term server remote command, all the routing tables seem to check out, but clients on the inside cannot surf.  Resetting the router fixes the problem (usually for about a day, having to reboot them each morning).  We've tried swapping out the pipes in these locations with pipes that are working fine in the noc and get the same behaviour....so I don't think it is a hardware or software issue with the routers.  I've tried placing the calls from a pipeline on our end, from a max 4048 on our end, and from a max 1800 on our end, all to several different p50s on the remote ends,  same behaviour,  line locks up periodically.  The only constant has been the clients network and the clients isdn line (and of course the lockups and re!
boot fix).  Is this some sort of telco freezing?  Only thing I can think of is that somehow their circuits must be going to sleep at the switch, and when they reboot the pipeline some signal must get sent that "wakes" the circuit for these spids back up.  We've had numerous trouble tickets opened with the telco on this, they just send out some slack tech out who jacks into the line, places an outgoing call to somewhere, lets it run a test passing 128k data for 20 mins or so, then declares the line in perfect condition, closes the ticket and leaves.  This same call placement system has been working fine for all of our other clients here for years, just two have started having trouble recently.
Any suggestions or ring any bells?

Thanks,
Scott McDonald
Systems Engineer