Re: (ASCEND) Ascend Max T1 and FR backup

>I use a pipeline 130 with both a T1 and a BRI to feed my max4004
>That way I not only have the automatic switchover to BRI for
>backup up but also  have all 4 t1/pri's on the 4004 available
>for incoming analog and ISDN dialback.

That is simpler and more reliable as far as the backup goes. However,
the general consensus on the list seems to be that 40xxs are too
processor-limited to handle all four T1/PRIs at once without
performance suffering. Of course, Pipeline 130s aren't exactly held
in high regard either, but I like 'em okay.

--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/

"Where's my burrito?" -- Homer