Re: (ASCEND) Filter Stuff

> Does anyone know how, or if it's even possible to assign multiple data
> filters to the default answer-type?  I have tried several variations but
> it keeps treating the entire line as if it's one filter name.  I know that
> I can assign multiple filters via RADIUS (I've done it) but there must be
> some way to specify more than one in the default.  If not, I suppose
> that's all for the better since I should probably be using the RADIUS
> default user profile rather than the default answer-type.

I guess you mean chaining multiple filters together because you can't
enter enough rules in one filter.

> I also never heard anything back about the stupid 12 rule filter limit.

There's limits like that all over TOAS: 8 connection profiles in the
Pipelines, 32 in the Maxes, 4 static routes only in the Pipelines,
etc.. You can't blame them, they use NVRAM to store configuration,
(would you really want hard drives in your NASes to store arbitrarily
sized configurations?).

Use RADIUS. :-)

-Phil