(ASCEND) Max 4000 Power Supply

Anyone had a 4K power supply fail?  What was the end damage?  Were you able
to find both supplies from a third party, or did you have to go back to Ascend?

Ours appears to have failed big time and we have another one on it's way
(Thankfully other suppliers besides Ascend have the one that blew), and we
are wondering if anyone else had one fail.  Once you replaced the P/S, did
the unit function correctly?  Did you ever figure out why it failed?

Ours appear to have over-heated, but yet all of the fans "appear" to be
free moving when spun by hand.  This unit has always done well, and never
skipped a beat.  I hate to see it go down in flames like this, but after 3
years, anything goes.