Re: (ASCEND) Loading code to a DSLPipe after wrong code loaded

Following up on my earlier post:

>  > I inadvertently loaded code for a DSLPipe-S to a DSLPipe-HS and the
>  > silly thing took it. Now it won't boot, of course, and I can't get it
>  > to load the code.
>  >
>  > The unit comes up 57600 N81 in the DSLPipe> menu, and you can erase
>  > flash, download code to flash, test memory, etc. It's the same menu
>  > as you get when you jumper an older Pipeline when you need to dump
>  > code to it, only you don't appear to need to jumper anything now.
>  >
>  > I've done ef (erase flash) and df (download to flash) and the unit
>  > responds with the Xmodem CKCKCKCK. looks great, but when I send the
>  > code Xmodem-1K it won't take it. It just sits there forever.
>
>If you see the Xmodem CKCKCKCK bits, just use hyperterminal Xmodem-1K to
>send a know good TAOS to the Pipe at 57600 N81.

This wasn't working, even though the Xmodem CKCKCK bits were showing.
I was finally able to get it to take the (correct) load by jumping
P12, which caused it to display the Xmodem CKCKCK bits at power on.

Now it boots up, but stops at POST saying CONFIGURE UNIT. Looking
through the list archives reveals that it has lost it's internal
serial number and I need a hash code.

Dadgummit. :-(

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/