(ASCEND) New MacIntosh modem problems

Why are we having so many problems with the new MacIntosh modems?  I lost 3
Mac customers this week because they get 'kicked off' all the time.   I get
a 180 error code.

They have all defected to ISPs with 3com Total Control Equipment.  One of
them talked to Apple tech support who acknowledged that they have a problem
with "Lucent" based ISPs.  Is anyone at Lucent aware of this?

Are we working to solve the problem?

FWIW  We are running Max 6096 with 7.2.3 code.  I noticed that 8.0.1 has
the same modem code.

Thanks,

Tom