AAAAh, slow.

Hi Skud,

The patches from CD are tested on sun3 and sun4. And we din't find them slow.

How are they slow? Have you looked at the tick time with the 'time command?

What is your MAX_TIME (tick time) in the Imakefile?
If you put this to 65300 you should have the same speed as without
the patches.

On a sun4 we get the following times (2 - 4 players):

average time needed in a tick = 35 msec.
max time = 600 msec
min time = 3 msec
ticks longer than max time (124 msec) = 3%

If this doesn't help, please try to undef TWO_BYTES_FONT in global.h,
then the changes we have made to the code shouldn't affect the speed.
(We have X11R5 and XDrawImageString16 seems to have he same speed
as XDrawImageString on our sun3-50, sun3-60, and IBM-RT.)

Tony