Re: something

Andreas Bringedal <andreabr@ifi.uio.no> writes:
> >I've thought about this.  I think I'd like a more gurps like system
> >than the D&D system that's in there now.
>
> I agree with you wholeheartedly(spelling?). Gurps is way better.
> Have to change the game a lot thou.
Main problem I have is not actually owning the Gurps rulebooks, or I'd
start making the switch over.
> >I disagree it's not too easy.
> Isn't too easy ?!?  I found Holy Avenger in the guardhouse just now.
> Darkbalde and bracers +4 in the Bakery(The best place in the game)
You obviously aren't playing under the new treasure rules.
It is impossible under the new treasure rules to get artifacts in
places under level 8.  I may push that up to 9, but I don't generally
see artifacts in level 8 places.
[ artifacts in Old Mansion ]
Impossible under new treasure rules.  the mansion is level 7.
Artifacts will never occur there.
> Nowadays everybody finds them every time they play.
Already fixed.
> Potions shall stay horribly expencive !   :)
Very bad Idea, they should not be purchasable in stores, indeed, no
potions, artifacts, etc should be purchasable in stores.  The problem
with potions being worth so much is that they make it too easy to get
rich.
> You won't find armour or weapon with more than +2 in the Bakery.
> (well, it's one in a million that you find +3)
Under new treasure rules, 15% for +1 magic in the bakery, 85% for +0.
> Brace will have some penalty. Maybe less exp or worse armour-class.
Agreed, bracing makes things too easy.  The obvious solution is to go
to gurps system, and bracing eliminates dodge.  But I believe in
bracing, you should be able to stand there and attack without moving
forward.  The problem is that monsters walk into you while you're
attacking.
> Well. That was only some of it. I'm trying to convince Frank to
> let scorpions be as deadly as they were before(damage=1d1000).
> And hopefully it won't be as easy to find protections from GRIMREAPERS
scorpions that deadly was a hose.  The only solution was to not get
near them.  This is not a valuable thing to do, it just annoys people
> Come on out there. Show your evil self !!!
I don't want to be too cruel to people, killing them off, making
really hard monsters that they run into early just makes people not
play.  This is why I believe in having the grimreaper protections
available easily.  They are way too common a monster to not be
able to get protection.
          -Eric
"Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out."
           -The Nine Billion Names of God
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"