The no-goodies in the ghostpile hack..

My patch, which removes all +magic objects from a ghostpile
has raised a minor burst of opinions:

>   obnoxious.  Why?  Because I believe that if one of your people dies,
>   you should be able to go in and rescue their stuff.
>	     -Eric

Yes, but *not* if they can restore their character with all
equipment. 'Oh, I just died. Well, you can have my Excalibur,
I'll be back in just a few minutes...'

The best way to overcome this, should be that one *couldn't*
make back-up copies of the save file, but that you could
transport dead characters somewhere and heal them (or cast
some spell to do the job). I think this will come along with
the quest-system. The addictiveness of the game doesn't come
from starting over from level 1 after dying with a level **
character. It comes from exploring new dungeons, emabarging
on new quests etc.

Let's keep up the discussion! What do you guys out there think
of the other additions?

() University of Uppsala ,Sweden   |  Mikael (Vick) Lundgren      ____       ()
() Department of Computer Science  |  vick@bern.docs.uu.se       /..  \/|    ()
() Remember:Four bananas always add up to a plectrum.           (----)  | )) ()