Re: Crossfire ideas

I've already implemented wands.  I'll add some more scrolls as well
before the next version.  Especially "scroll of recall".
The only problem is that the inventory of the players gets very easily
cluttered.  And implementing bags is going to take some time...

By the way, my major project before next version will be to add
filepaths instead of level for each map, thus getting rid of
the map-index file, as well as creating some structure to the
maps directory (one subdir for each map-creator).

About input to scrolls of joining/summoning:  Just choose the nearest player.
Or a random player, if none are on the same map.

> Directed teleports - these are teleports which are connected together so that
> stepping into one will take you to the other even if it is not in view, and
> never to any other teleport. It should also be possible to make these one way.

This is already implemented.

> Invisible teleports - these would be a real bastard 8). They would also be a
> hassle to use with the editor (is that an empty square or an invisible
> teleport ?).

Some of the local map-creators had the bright idea to put some other object
(for instance woodfloor) on top of the exit-object...

I plan on implementing a spell for each scroll/wand, even if it will be
impossible to find the corresponding spellbook  (The code gets much tidier).

If anyone else has time to implement any spells to be used by books/wands
or scrolls, that would be great.  Though there is no manual on how
to go about doing it... 8)  You would have to study the file spells.c and
spells.h.

The books will become more scarce as soon as I've made a new
and better treasure-generator.

-Frank.