Re: some comments...

--------

    The following message concerns :
    - crossfire on low-end computers.

    Well, to run crossfire on low-end computers (like amiga's and ibm's),
    the code must be changed acordingly.

Or you can upgrade the operating system and Windowing environment, to
Unix and X (Linux / XFree86 are free and work great on IBM's, and Linux
is being ported to the Amiga).

But, even then the heavy floating point usage in the timing routines
(crossfire .88.4 was the last I looked at, has this changed?) will
kill performance without a FPU.  I played around with it for a little
while (sorry, never got it debugged), and found that on a 386-33 (no
387), the change from floating to fixed point produced a remarkable
performance improvement, as in crossfire went from virtually unplayable
due to slowness to far too fast.