Stuff -

1.  Since my Xserver refuses to address over 64K of video memory, and
    my monitor has insufficient bandwidth to get a decent refresh rate
    above 800x600, my machine is set up to run at an 800x600 resolution.

    However, the 988x482 window used by crossfire doesn't quite fit.
    If I resize it, the right side just gets truncated.  What needs
    changing so that one of the following solutions can be implemented?

    A.  The messages window on the right can be made into a separate
	window (Ie, nettrek)  If we can do this, the main (important)
        window can fit into a 640x480 screen, which means that people can
        play crossfire on their laptops...

    B.  The mesages window can shrink / expand when the window is resized,
        with text wrapping as necessary.

2.  The UNCOMPRESS macro think is unecessary, since the
    the process fork()'d by system() will inherit the PATH environment
    variable, and should have no problems locating uncompress through
    it.