crossclient and mapsindex

Hi,

I take version 89.2 and have a probleme:
I manage crossfire here as simple user privilege: it is under my directory and
it is setsuid. The setsuid is not propagat between station. Then I run server
on a station and everybody could connect via crossclient.. but crossclient
want to to open mapsindex and it can't because it isn't setsuid. I don't
think that it need this file (quick look on source). Then how no modify
crossclient to prevent it to try to open this file (or other like it) ?
I runing on SunOs 4.1.3 on Sun4m & 4c

I expect to have been clear enougth !?
Thanks

--
PS: Now stations are use 24/24h: from 6pm to 6am for crossfire 88.5!