suggestion... DM

When a DM modifies a character, they should still be able to save etc....
(for that matter, the only real cheat flag should be on modding the save
game file.).  The DM is frequently there to make changes that are perfectly
legit.

"My character was cool and was just blasted by a game crash"
   -- "All right, here are your exp points... and 1000 gold"

Besides, shouldnt the DM decide who is cheating...?

p.s.  This might be a moot point if in my ignorance I missed a way to reset
     the 'cheat' flag (ala omega).