TODO (for sure) in the future.

First off, I think the color pixmaps really add a whole lot to crossfire, they
are really cool. But a problem we have here is our xterms running out of memory
when running crossfire....yes.....In order to run crossfire you need to only be
running the "BARE" minimum on your xterm....no xv, no 3 xterms running, no
xbiff, just one xterm and crossfire. Try to open two clients to crossfire...I
dont think so! :>

This all made a point clear that has to be met........I dont see this being
something that we implement in the current version..as we will be scrapping it
soon enough (hopefully) for the client/server stuff. We need to dynamically
allocate space for pixmaps and deallocate pixmaps that arent used on the client
side for a given period of time.....this would definately make crossfire a
little more xterm friendly :>

I guess you could call it a pixmap cacheing system? why have the pixmaps of a
galeotroll loaded if you only run into 1 troll in a 3 hour session?

I dont think that dynamic loading of the pixmaps would be that big of a deal, as
you load a map, you check to see that each object on the map has its pixmaps
in memory...if not..you load them. Then have a routine to swap out pixmaps that
haven't been used in a while.....once every n ticks?

thoughts??? ideas???

Tyler.

ps. Has anyone else run into this out of memory problem?? our xterms we use
    have 8 megs of memory to play with.....so crossfire must be allocating one
    huge amount of that with color pixmaps.