Re: A few thoughts on client/server

 The way I see the editor is this:

 If a person wants to create maps, they can just get the crossedit program
for their local machine - after all, crossedit really does need to know
full detail about all the objects - it certainly needs to know more about
the objects than the client program would.

 The player can then submit these maps to whatever servers (or the
standard distribution) that he wants to.

 If I was running a server, I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be able
to create new maps or change existing maps, and in fact, I would want to
know about most any change made.  And if the maps have to be submitted
anyways, why jsut use the crossclient program locally - it is sure to be
a lot faster.