Stone throwing giants ..

		I believe I have come up w/ a simple hack (no code
	changes!!) to make monsters throw boulders.. Giants will
	now hurl rocks with this hack. All that is needed is new
	treasures file and *either* the font installation files
	(archetypes crossfire.* files) or the *.diff files (for
	those who want to build the fonts from scratch).

	The 'philosophy' of this hack is to create a rock throwing
	ability for monsters that is the same type as bows (type 14)
	but has the missle type 'rock'. I used the old 'boulder'
	archetype to make the 'rock' missle. Damage is based on the
	monster strength, and unfortuneately requires that the monster
	have the can_use_bows 1 flag set. Also, ability_stone_throw
	is not strickly a monster ability in that a player who
	looks at the equipment list of the monster will see a 'rock
	thrower'. I could'nt make ability_stone_throw invisible *and*
	have monsters who can't see invisible use this ability.
	In principle any monster can be made a rock thrower given
	the above provisos. Substantial damage can be achieved by
	giving a rock thrower a high strength.

	I have placed all the needed files in /pub/thomas/rock on
	ftp.astro.psu.edu.

					brian thomas >> b.t.
					thomas@nomad.astro.psu.edu