Re: plural archetype names.

> "Fred the Wonder Worm" writes:
> >OK, that works.  But when do you need to say "No gauntlets of cherry picking"
> >or whatever?
>
> 	>wear gauntlets of cherry picking
> 	You have no gauntlets of cherry picking.
> Instead of
> 	You don't have that.
>
> Gauntlets is a terrible example, as it is plural already.
>
> 	>wield sword
> 	You have no swords.
> Instead of
> 	What?

But in that case, there is no object to look up the plural_name field for.
All that's happening is some attempt at pluralising an abitrary noun phrase.
The query_name function takes an object, and returns the object's name
prefixed with the appropriate count.  When the count is 0, the suggestion
is that it should return "No <plural_name of object>".  e.g.  "No gauntlets
of cherry picking".

What I'm trying to figure out is what sort of situation would be needed to
have that use of query_name make sense.

As a side-issue, I thought objects which had a nrof field of 0 were
'non-grouping' objects; that is, two of them would still occupy separate
inventory slots.  In that case, the issue can never arise, as a 0 would
really mean that there was 1 of them there after all.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Geoff Bailey (Fred the Wonder Worm)   |   Programmer by trade --
ftww@cs.su.oz.au                      |       Gameplayer by vocation.