Re: plural archetype names.

> +--- Mark Wedel:
> | Why do this?  It would get rid if the need_ie field, as well as
> | need_an field (singular object coudl be called an amulet, and plural
> | would be amulets.)
> +---
>
> I think you were typing faster than you were thinking here :-) You'd
> still need the "need_an", but "plural_name" is fine. A little faster,
> more correct, and 4 more bytes in every object... ;-)

Well, if query_name() were modified to return name if count is 1, or
count + plural_name if count > 1, then you can get rid of need_an.
What you do if count is 0 is problematical, but I've never really
understood what to do with an object with count 0 anyway.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Geoff Bailey (Fred the Wonder Worm)   |   Programmer by trade --
ftww@cs.su.oz.au                      |       Gameplayer by vocation.